Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 134 - USA Tour - Santa Fe, NM

Overnight: Santa Fe, NM
Sightseeing Day

Today I am still not feeling well, more intestinal upset. But, one must persevere. So, we found our way to the Old Santa Fe area.

We parked on the street and didn't have enough change to fill the parking meter at the time. So, we decided to come back after eating our breakfast. As we were seated, we realized that is was lunchtime. Dave and I both ordered bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado sandwiches. While we were waiting for the lunch to arrive, Dave walked next door to the bank to get change for the parking meter.

Because Santa Fe is a very touristy area for jewelry sales, and quite expensive on the downtown square, I asked our waitress where we could find bargains.

So, after our yummy lunch and we walked back to fill the parking meter. Now armed with directions to bargain shop, we headed off down the street--window shopping as we walked. After walking quite a while, I stopped a local and asked how far the shop was. It turns out that it was quite a distance, so we turned around and trudge back up the slight hill--again, window shopping as we walked. We did step inside a few shops, but nothing tickled our fancy enough to part with our funds.

We drove to the bargain shop, which WAS quite a distance from the old town area. We were pleasantly surprised at the nice jewelry they had for a decent price. I bought a few pieces and Dave was able to get a few conchos for his belt (screw-on silver decorations).

I thought you'd get a kick out of how consistent the town is in maintaining the adobe architecture. Check out this McDonald's.



After our jewelry shopping spree, we drove to the state capitol building. I took a couple of pictures, but it was difficult to see the architecture.



We headed back to the RV where we sort of collapsed. I was still was not feeling well, but doing slightly better. We nibbled for dinner. Tonight's TV selection consists of some new-season shows. So, I'm all ready, sitting in my Lazy Boy with my blanket on lap and my Coke in hand.

No comments: