Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 146 - USA Tour - Cropwell, AL

Sightseeing Mileage in Meridian area: 0
Starting Mileage Meridian: 12,519
Ending Mileage arriving Cropwell: 12,702
Miles Driven: 183
Avg. MPG: 6.5
Gas Price: $3.29--Tuscaloosa, AL

Overnight: Cropwell, Alabama
Lakeside Landing RV Park & Marina
Travel Day

We were on the road early again this morning--8:15 AM. The campground we stay at near Birmingham does not take reservations. So, we want to get there early in the day to receive a spot with good WiFi reception. Only half the park has good reception.

So, armed with McDonald's again for breakfast, we were on our way. We stopped in Tuscaloosa to get gas. Dave dropped me off at Michael's craft store while he got the gas. I wanted to get some knitting pattern books. I found what I wanted; it's a sampler afghan. That way, I can practice learning different stitch combinations.

We arrived at the campground at 12:15 PM. So, we received a great spot. On one side we have a road in which no one will park. On the other side, we have no neighbor, so far. We are 3 sites from the campground's store, which is more like a mini-mart. And, we have a great view of the Lake Logan Martin. This campground is very reasonable because it's not really updated. But, it is quite comfortable and better than most we have stayed at.

Here's our view and Dave enjoying it!



There is always activity for Dave to "take in" because this is a popular campground for those entering bass tournaments.

We called our repair guy (Mike), but he wasn't able to come today as he's spending time with his kids. So, he'll be here tomorrow after church. I hate that he's spending his Sunday getting the list from us, but to quote him, "I work 24/7/7 except for Sunday morning--that's with the Lord." Love this guy!

Mike has to get approved as a Forest River authorized dealer, which his wife said is a no-brainer and will be done on Monday. Many of the fixes we want addressed will be covered by the extended warranty we purchased when we bought the RV. So, Mike will work with the warranty company as well to get those repairs authorized. The rest, a few "wants," we'll pay him to help us with. So, we will be here probably until Thursday or Friday.

I made hot dogs for lunch. So ambitious.

You'll be surprised at this--I went outside and sat in the nice weather and enjoyed the late afternoon while I worked on my knitting. Dave was such a sweetheart, he not only got my rocking chair set up, but fetched a little side table and a footstool for my complete comfort. What a guy!

As the sun was setting, we took a walk to the store and got our ice cream fix. I also bought a banana to go with it--after all, keep it as nutritious as possible!

I am spending the evening getting all blogs finished. And, I AM. So, now I'm heading for the TV and will put my feet up in the lazy boy and chill. We are so anxious to get home, now that we are this close. I can't wait to love on the pets, kids, and friends!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I have been following along in my invisible trailer I have hooked up to your hitch. Love following along! Are you two wanderlusts home again yet?

Carol