Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 141 - USA Tour - Amarillo, TX

Overnight: Amarillo, TX
Lazy Day

We had planned to leave Amarillo this morning, but I just wasn't in the mood. So, we settled in for a lazy day. The rain had stopped, and it looked like the sun was going to burst forth, soon.

I was feeling much better. No signs of a cold; thanks to the Get Well Soon pills.

The rain last night was pounding and the wind was again beyond billowing. But, we are still upright and the awning is still in tact! Both a blessing!

The only downside at this campground is that Dave doesn't have a picnic table at which to sit and space out. But, with the weather as it's been, he wouldn't have been able to anyway.

I decided to shower this morning at the campground's facility rather than in our RV. It's much roomier. Their facility is so nice. You have your own private toilet, shower, sink, and dressing area all in one room. And, it's nice to have full water pressure and an unlimited supply of hot water so you don't have to hurry.

By the time I was done, it had started to rain again. I dashed back to the RV between the raindrops.

While in Albuquerque, I purchased a CD on learning to knit. As you know, I crochet; but, I have not mastered knitting. Mom tried to teach me when I was in high school. However, I never seemed to master getting two needles to work together--simultaneously. So, I decided today would be a great day to concentrate on this task.

And, the CD did the trick. It's just too hard to learn something like this without someone showing you. Pictures don't cut it. I finally got it and practiced and practiced and practiced. Now, I understand the difference between the knit and purl stitches. I now look forward to making something.

Dave consented to taking me to Red Robin for a burger dinner. On the way to town, we pass the noted Cadillac sculpture. There is always someone parked on the street to view it or to write on it.



Onward to Red Robin. I just love their variety of burgers and their smoothies. But, I must say, this was a bad idea. First, I ordered my burger without a bun; it came with one. I dumped all the inners out, but it was in a basket so it was difficult to cut. I ordered a plate. I asked the waiter to take my pile of trash, which he ignored. He returned to take it when I made the sarcastic comment, "Well, I guess you don't want to take it." He then promptly disappeared and sat down to chat with the other wait staff. Dave had to get up to get someones attention to get me some mustard. The waiter never bothered to clear our plates, and we had to ask a couple of times for to-go boxes. Needless to say, his tip reflected. Scratch this Red Robin off future visits.

Back to the RV to watch TV, practice knitting, and get cleaned up for an early departure in the morning.

No comments: